?Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.??Leo Buscaglia, PhD
Compliments dissolve very quickly like ice on a hot sidewalk!
?One of the commodities in life that most people can?t get enough of is compliments. The ego is never so intact that one can?t find a hole in which to plug a little praise. But, compliments by their very nature are highly biodegradable and tend to dissolve hours or days after we receive them?which is why we can always use another.? ??Phyllis Theroux
Leaders need to learn how to affirm the various people that they work with.? And not everyone is the same.? Just like people have different love languages, they have different affirmation languages.
Learn to read the varying levels of affirmation people need.
Four takeaways at the end of the show
1. We leaders MUST affirm our people! ?When it is deserved!
2. Everyone thrives on affirmation and praise. Everyone!
3. Recognition and praise has a short shelf life.
4. ?Learn to read the varying levels of affirmation your people need.
A helpful exercise you should try at work!
1. Make a list of three to five people that need a pat on the back from you.
2. Write them an affirmation
3. Let me know how it goes!